Quality Engineer - Frederick
|Ingenieurwesen||Frederick, OK USA||Required in and outside the U.S.|
Highlight of the Position
Provide technical support and ensure process and product compliance according to specific customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure conformance of the product by auditing the process/product.
- Keep up to date control plans.
- Responsible for the completion of/championing 8Ds and problem solving techniques.
- Ensure follow-up on control run charts and quality data.
- Actively participate in the PFMEA processes.
- Ensure compliance within quality systems according to ISO 9000/IATF 16949 current standards.
- Conduct applicable training for supervisors, team leaders and operators on aspects of quality systems.
- Proficient verbal, written and presentation skills; communicate clearly with creditability and confidence.
- Communicates effectively (verbal and written) with individuals at all levels inside and outside the company.
- Analytical and problem solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives and recommended optimal solutions for various situations.
- Consulting and influencing skills consistent with the ability to build relationships and influence parties; may include getting parties to embrace changing expectations and initiatives.
- Ability to develop/coordinate cross-functional work groups/projects - yielding optimal outcome.
- Working knowledge of a financial and economic analysis, project management, risk management.
- Working knowledge of automotive manufacturing processes, practices, and challenges.
- Proficiency in the following software applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; sufficient to apply and/or support the application with minimal instruction or guidance.
- Deals effectively with resistance; takes positive steps to avoid the recurrence of errors through constructive critique.
Minimum: Professional knowledge/skills normally acquired through the completion of Bachelor’s degree program in Engineering.
Preferred: Chemical or Industrial engineering degree and/or CQE certified.
Minimum: Knowledge and skills typically acquired through 3-plus years’ experience managing ISO 9000/IATF 16949 systems, methodology 8D´s, SPC, Core Tool, FMEA, and APQP.