Associate Quality Engineer
|Engineering||Gomez Palacio, Durango Mexico|
Hightlight of the Position
Henniges Automotive has an opportunity in Gomez Palacio I location for an Associate Quality Engineer. Leads the Quality initiative in assigned business areas (programs and/or physical areas or functions) to ensure conformance, maintenance and improvement to engineering specifications, Quality System requirements, and continual improvement criteria.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as LiaisonAct as Liaison between the customer and the Company on current production/service products regarding quality of material relating to print conformance; Fit, Form, or Function; identification of materials.
- Lead problem solving teams both in a formal and informal environment using disciplined techniques to identify root cause and develop corrective and preventative actions.
- Review on-going Quality data for opportunities of improvement and the identification of deteriorating performance and recommend correction/improvement.
- Establish controls to maintain/improve Quality performance, external complaints, external PPM, and scrap percentage.
- Perform audits on a regular basis to identify potential system/product issues.
- Maintain all APQP/TS 16949 documentation as required on assigned areas.
- Prepare PPAPs as required on assigned products.
- Initiate Containment on identified nonconformance issues, identify root causes and ensure
- corrective/preventative actions are implemented, effective and maintained.
- Coordinate and/or perform any assigned quality functions such as lab management, calibration and/or supplier quality.
- Assist in the development of new program APQP when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May lead projects and/or project teams (including assigning work, reviewing progress and evaluating results), mentor, provide guidance and technical direction to less experienced engineering and technical
- staff, including the provision of input in performance evaluations, but does not supervise.
- Well-developed active listening and negotiation skills.
- Proficient verbal, written and presentation skills; communicates clearly, with credibility and confidence.
- Communicates effectively (verbally and in writing) with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the company.
- Consulting and influencing skills consistent with the ability to build relationships and influence parties; may include getting parties to embrace changing expectations and initiatives.
- Written and verbal communication & advocacy skills consistent with the ability to present results of projects and research and to engage in persuasive written and verbal interaction with senior- and executive-level management.
- Intermediate-to-advanced analytical and project management skills.
- Develops challenging short- and long-term group plans and objectives aligned with those of the department and/or company; solicits staff input in the developmental process.
- Ability to develop / coordinate cross-functional work groups and projects, yielding optimal outcomes.
- Working knowledge of automotive manufacturing processes, practices, and challenges.
- Well-developed organization and planning skills.
- Ability to apply project planning, implementation, and/or continuous improvement principles to affect tangible, positive outcomes.
- Competent in multi-tasking (i.e. the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, issues or projects that may include high-visibility initiatives and require innovation, teamwork and planning).
- Proficiency in the following software applications: Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; and Quality based systems sufficient to apply and /or support the application with minimal instruction or guidance; this level of proficiency is typically attainable through 3-plus year(s) of substantive experience with the applications.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to the open exchange of new ideas, and alternatives to orthodox approaches.
- Deals effectively with resistance; takes positive steps to avoid the recurrence of errors through constructive critique.
- Ability to work in a team and/or matrixed structure, supporting multiple clients.
- Ability to conduct effective/efficient meetings and manage the meeting process with optimal results.
- Flexibility and the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving responsibilities. Balances multiple demands from superiors, subordinates, and/or peers in a positive and even-handed fashion; displays a calm demeanor under pressure.
- Initiates new ideas and approaches; challenges prevailing practices and approaches with reasonably sound alternatives.