Senior Product Engineer Anti-Vibration
|Engineering||Auburn Hills, MI USA||Domestic and International|
The Senior Product Engineer will travel to customer and internal plant locations to work with teams for the production of the final product on the vehicle. High- level of problem-solving, critical thinking and customer service is required in the role to ensure that processes and products exceed the customer expectations.
The Senior Product Engineer reports to the Director of Engineering with dotted line reporting to the Director of Program Management and is responsible for the development of new or modification of Anti-Vibration components for the automotive industry. In this role, essential responsibilities include:
- Leads the design of new Anti-Vibration components or product changes.
- Develops and tracks Program timing, including tooling and capital, from Award through SOP
- Establishes and tracks program budget for Capital and Tooling
- Leads Open Issues meetings and tracks issues to closure
- Reviews and clarifies customer product requirements.
- Leads review of designs and modifications with plants and customers.
- Coordinate product data management.
- Responsible for developing the DFMEA.
- Acts as a lead contact between customer and product design staff.
- On-site customer support for product launches.
- Train and develop junior engineers
- Develop and document best practices and standardization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical preferred.
- 10+ years of automotive experience is required.
- Experience in the design of Anti-vibration components, including but not limited to, Center Bearings and Stabilizing Bushings is strongly preferred.
- Willingness to go on business trips at home and abroad
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Local candidates only.
Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Work tools including problem solving, FMEA, DFA & DFM, VA/VE, DOE, DVP&R.
- Verbal and written communication skills.