|Obroty||Auburn Hills, MI USA|
Highlights of the Position
Our World Headquarters located in Auburn Hills, MI has a current opportunity for a Commercial Manager to support the new markets business unit. The Commercial Manager is responsible to execute the business unit strategy by leading activities to meet or exceed the financial objectives of Henniges on new and existing business while building/maintaining a positive relationship with the Customers allowing for continued new business growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the Customer commercial strategy within the business unit as defined by the Commercial Business Unit Director.
- Manage commercial aspects of all new and existing business for the Business Unit Customer(s).
- Recommend pricing for internal approval and negotiate pricing with the Customer.
- Negotiate Customer Contracts, Productivity Agreements, Cost Reduction Commitments, and other cost related programs for new and existing business.
- Lead and coordinate Customer requested audits for pricing & tooling cost
- Maintain a clear understanding of the Customer’s sourcing and other strategies.
- Identify, develop, and maintain positive working relationships with the Customer’s key sourcing decision makers.
- Gather and communicate competitive intelligence.
- Verify, maintain, and communicate Customer vehicle cycle plans, production forecasts, and other relevant information.
- Monitor and communicate Customer Satisfaction status within the organization and champion improvement efforts where needed.
- Maintain and/or improve financial performance of new and current business
Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years’ experience in the automotive industry is preferred
- Strong financial understanding, problem solving and Excel skills required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and general office computer skills are required (MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Must be organized, possess presentation and problem solving skills and negotiate effectively
- Vehicle sealing system experience, engineering and operations experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering required.
- MBA or equivalent experience is preferred.